Staff Nurse – Immediate Start
Tuesday, December 12th, 2017
Charter Medical is a private healthcare provider based in Dublin 7 incorporating a number of services. We are delighted to announce that we are looking to recruit an experienced staff nurse to work within our multi-functional team. The successful candidate will take professional responsibility for ensuring that patients / clients receive the highest levels of care & service whilst attending Charter Medical Health. The role will include but not be limited to:
Under the direction of the Clinical Nurse Manager, the Staff Nurse will:
Practice Nursing according to:
- The Professional Code of Practice as laid down by the Nursing Board (An Bord Altranais).
- Professional Clinical Guidelines
- National and regional Health Service Executive (HSE) guidelines
- Company policies, protocols and guidelines
- Implement the care philosophy, objectives and goals of the Charter Medical Group in order to deliver the highest quality service user care.
- Demonstrate a high degree of motivation and assume responsibility for their own professional development.
- Participate in regular performance / clinical reviews with their line manager, identifying key performance objectives and appropriate plans / measures to achieve areas for improvement and appropriate plans / measures to achieve them in a supportive environment.
- Respect and maintain the privacy, dignity and confidentiality of the patient
The Staff Nurse will:Undertake assessments pertaining to care of the older person using an evidence based approach to deliver a high standard of care
- Ensure a safe environment maintaining the confidentiality and dignity at all times
- Adhere to the highest standards of infection control within Charter Medical
- Have a sound knowledge of clinical standards and participate in patient care audits.
- Conduct person centred assessments on all patients
- Maintain appropriate and accurate written records and reports regarding patient care in accordance with the Nursing Board (An Bórd Altranais) guidelines and legal requirements.
- Participate in innovation and change in the approach to patient delivery, and contribute to service planning process, based on best practice and under the direction of nursing management
- RGN Qualification
- 2 year’s experience in a similar role
- Experience in care of the older person is essential alongside working with people with dementia
- Dealing with problems associated with the elderly
- Ability to work hours flexible to meet the needs of the organisation
- Good General Health (medically fit)
- Must have a good command of written and spoken English and a valid work permit
- Ability to deliver a high standard of patient care
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Ability to communicate and listen, ability to work co-cooperatively with other staff
- Ability to work under pressure and use own initiative
- High standard of personal presentation
- Attention to detail
- Strong IT skills
Please send your c.v. to email@example.com