Dementia Adviser Clinic
We are proud to announce that we will now hold monthly Dementia Adviser Clinics in conjunction with the Alzheimer Society of Ireland and the Rapid Access Clinic in Charter Medical, Smithfield.
What is the Dementia Adviser Service?
The Dementia Adviser service provides locally based, one-to-one information, signposting, and emotional support. This is a confidential and free service.
Who is this service for?
This service is for you if:
- You have dementia
- Someone in your family has dementia
What will my Dementia Adviser do?
Your Dementia Adviser can answer your questions and put you in touch with people who can help.
Your dementia adviser will:
- Meet with you to understand your needs
- Provide information and advice
- Help you find support
- Highlight areas you may need to consider
- Help you to plan your next steps
- Your Dementia Adviser can meet you at Charter Medical, your home, or at an agreed location. You can also contact your Adviser by phone or email.
Your Dementia Adviser will work with you to promote independence, well-being and choice.
This service is free and confidential.
What type of information can I get?
Your Dementia Adviser can provide information about:
- Dementia and coping with changes
- Living well day-to-day
- Planning for the future, including legal and financial matters
- Service and supports in your area
- Getting in touch with other people with dementia and other families
- Your Dementia Adviser will work with you to ensure you can access the information you need to live well with dementia.
What is Dementia?
Dementia is the name for a range of conditions that cause damage to the brain. This damage can affect memory, thinking, language and the ability to carry out everyday tasks.
There are many conditions that cause dementia , including Alzheimer’s, vascular dementia, Lewybody dementia and fronto-temporal dementia.
About The Alzheimer Society of Ireland
The Alzheimer Society of Ireland work across the country in the heart of local communities providing dementia specific services and supports, and advocating for the rights and needs of all people living with dementia and their carers.
How do I contact this service?
Charter Medical Rapid Access Clinic
Name: Heln O’Callaghan
Phone: (01) 657 9000
Local Dementia Adviser
Name: Joanne Brennan & Ana Dalton
Phone: 01 8625706
For information about their work in your local area:
Call Helpline: 1800 341341
Email Helpline: helpline@Alzheimer.ie